This classic exercise, when done properly, will hit almost every muscle in your legs, engage your core and lower back, and improve your active flexibility in your knees. Perform this exercise with the largest range of motion possible.
- Rating1 votes
- Belt Level(s)White Belt Yellow Belt Orange Belt Green Belt Blue Belt Purple Belt Brown Belt Black Belt
- Muscle GroupsGluts , Hamstrings , Lower Back , Lower Body , Quadriceps
Bodyweight Squats Guide
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart
- Bend your knees, lowering your butt straight down to your heels
- Lean forward slightly with your torso
- Watch the positioning of your knees, keep them above your toes
- Keep your knees pointed forward
- You can keep your arms straight out for balance
- Push back up to the starting position
- Repeat for desired number of reps
- Range of Motion (ROM) is most important, not number of reps or speed
This section is members only content. Become a Body Dojo Member today to get access to progressions and exclusive content!