Beast walk in place
This deceptively simple looking movement is quite challenging for any athlete! Challenges your balance, core, shoulders, and legs.
- Belt Level(s)White Belt Yellow Belt Orange Belt Green Belt Blue Belt Purple Belt Brown Belt Black Belt
- Muscle GroupsAbdominals , Core , Lower Body , Quadriceps , Scapular muscles , Shoulders , Upper Body
- EquipmentNo Equipment Needed
Beast walk in place Guide
- Get into a beast position
- Start from a squat position
- Place your hands on the ground in front of you, about shoulder width apart
- Move your feet back and position your legs such that your knees are directly below your hips
- Keep your knees just off of the ground
- Push away from the ground with your arms, “curling” your shoulders. You should feel your shoulders extending apart from each other. This is engaging your scapular muscles
- Lift alternating hand and foot
- Lift your right hand and left foot off of the ground
- Maintain balance with just your left hand and right foot
- Place your hands and feet back down
- Lift your left hand and right foot
- Maintain balance
- Repeat for desired number of reps
- It is important to engage your scapular muscles, do not relax your shoulders and let your torso “sag” between your shoulders
- Keep your supporting arm straight
- Keep your knees as low to the ground as possible without touching
- Try lifting your hand and foot just off of the ground, it will be much harder!
This section is members only content. Become a Body Dojo Member today to get access to progressions and exclusive content!