AKA Utkatasana, Fierce Pose, Hazardous Pose, Lightning Bolt Pose, Wild Pose
- Belt Level(s)White Belt Yellow Belt Orange Belt Green Belt Blue Belt Purple Belt Brown Belt Black Belt
- Muscle GroupsBack , Gluts , Hamstrings , Lower Body , Quadriceps
- EquipmentNo Equipment Needed
Chair pose Guide
- Start from a standing position, with the feet together or hip width apart, inhale the arms forward parallel to the floor with the palms facing down.
- Exhale and bend the knees, squatting down. Reach the hips down and back as if you were going to sit on the edge of a chair, bringing your weight to the heels of the feet. Do not bring the hips lower than the level of the knees. Make sure that the knees are pointing straight ahead.
- Press the shoulders down and back trying to arch the spine. Relax the shoulders down and back and reach out through the finger tips. Stare at a point on the wall or floor in front of you for balance.
- Breathe and hold for desired amount of time
- To release: inhale and press down into the feet straightening the legs and inhale the arms up toward the ceiling. Exhale releasing the arms down.
- You can place your hands on your knees if this move is too difficult
- Reaching your arms up and gazing towards the ceiling will make this move more challenging
This section is members only content. Become a Body Dojo Member today to get access to progressions and exclusive content!