Chin up from floor on rings
- Belt Level(s)White Belt Yellow Belt Orange Belt
- Muscle GroupsArms , Back , Biceps , Lats , Scapular muscles , Upper Body
Chin up from floor on rings Guide
- Position the height of the rings so you can hang off them without your butt touching the ground. Typically this is about collar bone height.
- Using a reverse grip, grasp the rings about shoulder width apart
- Take a small step forward and lower into a squat position, hanging from the rings
- Adjust your body so your torso and arms are aligned vertically underneath the rings and ring straps
- Pull up towards the rings, keeping your feet on the ground
- Pull until your chin is about hand height
- With control, lower yourself back to the starting position
- Repeat the chin up for the desired number of repetitions
- Focus on keeping your torso perpendicular to the ground
- Try not to thrust your hips upward and turn the exercise into a row
- Keep your elbows close to your sides as you perform the chin up
This section is members only content. Become a Body Dojo Member today to get access to progressions and exclusive content!